To become a member in the Mission Health Network (PHO), physicians must meet the following requirements as may be determined from time to time by the Board of Directors of the PHO. Eligible members currently include Primary Care and Specialty physicians.
The PHO utilizes the Texas Standardized Credentialing Application for its initial credentialing and re-credentialing applications. The PHO Member Physicians are re-credentialing at intervals not to exceed three (3) years.
The Physician must:
- Possess an unrestricted current medical license to practice in the State of Texas.
- Be a member in good standing of the medical staff of Mission Regional Medical Center.
- Be Board Certified or actively pursuing board certification in designated specialty, or if not, physician must have successfully completed residency and/or training requirements in designated specialty.
- Have a current DEA number.
- Disclose a completed professional liability claims history.
- Have and maintain current professional liability insurance coverage at a minimum of 100,000/occurrence-$300,000/aggregate may be accepted if this meets the minimum requirement of the hospital(s) where the applicable to treat Medicare and Medicaid patients.
- Satisfy continuing medical education requirements.
- ECFMG certification, if applicable.
Please call with any group, address, or tax identification changes.
For more information, please call (956) 323-1151
List of Plans:
- Beech Street/ Viant Network
- United Healthcare
- Direct Care of America
- Driscoll Health Plans
- Evolutions Healthcare Systems
- HealthSmart PPO/ACCEL
- Healthspring of Texas
- Independent Medical System
- Galaxy Health Network
- Meritain Health Aetna (Employees at Mission Regional Medical Hospital Plan)
- Managed Care Galaxy
- Molina Healthcare
- Private Healthcare Systems
- Superior Healthplan / CHIPs
- Texas True Choice
- Three Rivers Network
- Tri West
- United Payors & United Providers (Multiplan)
- USA Managed Network